Hawaiian native, orphaned wizard.
Kaikane (“Kane”) Hoku
In the Shadow of a Great Man
Fish Out of Water
My Friends Are My Brothers
Still So Much to Learn
Venatori Umbrorum Revealed
Alertness: Average (1)
Athletics: Fair (2)
Conviction: Superb (5)
Discipline: Great (4)
Endurance: Good (3)
Fists: Good (3)
Guns: Average (1)
Investigation: Average (1)
Lore: Good (3)
Might: Fair (2)
Stealth: Average (1)
Survival: Fair (2)
Weapons: Fair (2)
The Sight [-1]
Wizard’s Constitution [-0]
Evocation: Water; Control (Water +1)
Thaumaturgy: Divination (Complexity +1)
Entropy Blast – 5 shifts
Deflection Shield – 5 shifts
Invisibility (Veil) – 5 shifts
Palm tree staff (x2 Air & Water offensive control)
Sharktooth necklace (Water offensive power)
Shell bracelet (Spirit defensive control)
Mild Mental: None
Background: Where Did You Come From?
- A native (Polynesian) Hawaiian, he grew up with his parents and sister in a small town on Oahu’s north shore.
- Helped his dad’s charter fishing business and acted as a tour guide.
- Was discovered by Jesse on a fishing trip and that was when his magical talents were discovered.
- Left to train in Raleigh.
Rising Conflict: What Shaped You?
- Mentor murdered: Jesse Rinne (Finnish)
- Friends: Phil Schooner (best friend) and Bianca Ricci (former girlfriend but they remained close friends)
The Story: What Was Your First Adventure? Murdered Mentor
- While investigating a series of possessions and murdered hosts, his mentor Jesse is killed by a powerful demon.
Guest Star: Whose Path Have You Crossed? Infernal Economies
- Kane accompanies Lak to some unsavory locations in the mountains of NC.
Guest Star Redux: Who Else’s Path Have You Crossed? School Spirit
- Kane helps Walter and Lak capture and destroy a Rage Spirit from the Nevernever.
Native (Polynesian) Hawaiian. Village on Oahu’s north shore. Christianized version of Hawaiian folk practices and old traditions.
Generally poor, helped father’s fishing charter and tour guide, lived with parents and sister until 16 years old when he apprenticed.
Relationships with Family:
Close with sister, good with mom, father resents him for leaving.
Dropped out of public school at 15, been getting education from mentor.
Get into trouble?
How early did you learn about the supernatural?
Not until his mentor realized he’d been using magic without realizing.
Were there problems?
Could not convince his father that he needed to go, had a hard time adapting to new location and learning magic.